WHAT IS AN LED?
A Light Emitting Diode is a small, electronic semiconductor which is used to convert electric energy into a light that is visible to the naked eye.
LED vs. Fluorescent lighting
• LED lighting is more versatile, durable, long lasting and efficient.
• The incandescent traditional bulbs use only 10% of their energy to produce light, while the other 90% is wasted as heat.
• LED bulbs on the other hand waste much less energy in heat and in terms of energy efficiency; they are almost 400% better.
• Although these bulbs cost a little more than traditional ones, the fact that they are 25 times more long lasting eliminates the burden of cost.
• The brightness is an LED bulb is higher and it also has more versatility and can produce a wide range of colors.
• A filament (component of a traditional bulb that produces light) is nonexistent in an LED. For this reason, the
LED does not burn out. How they do die out is by slowly dimming its brightness over a long time period.
• While traditional bulbs produce light for only a maximum of 1000 hours, LED bulbs can operate for up to 100,000
hours if the conditions are allowing.