An LED display board, also referred to as an electronic display screen provides high brightness, minimal power consumption, a long life and durable performance. In an LED board, there are three basic parts: LED module, the controller and the power supply.
More than one LED modules can be connected together in order to result in a bigger display. LED modules are available in single color, two color and full color (RGB) modules as well. Traditional LEDs often lose their brightness when left in sunlight for too long. For this reason, special LEDs have been developed to provide high resistance to sunshine.
A controller, also known as mother board, consists of an LED display driver, memory and back up battery.
Power supply includes a regulated adapter with fixed voltage and a particular current range which depends on the number of modules that are connected to the power supply. When connecting your power supply, keep in mind that if + and – signs are connected in reverse, there will be damage for the controller as well as the LED modules.
In order to program the display, first download digital signage software for the device. This can be done via an online link, or some manufacturers provide CDs which you simply have to install on your computer.
- Once the software is up and running, open the application and follow these steps:
- Enter the number of LEDs in width and height on your LED display
- Select module type – this means the distance between the centers of two LEDs placed alongside each other (the closer the distance, the better the resolution)
- Turn off the default setting
- Select luminance
- Select frequency of refresh
- Click finish
- Next, connect your computer to the controller.
- Click on the program button
- Click on text
- Type text that should appear on your digital display
- Click send
- Save on controller, even once the USB cable has been disconnected.
Icons explained for their purpose:
- Review – to see how text will be displayed
- U disk – to save the program on USB drive
- Ti me – to show the calendar on the display
- Clock – to show the time on the display
- Temp – to display real time temperature
- Count – to count reverse days of the week/month/year on your display
- Send – to save program in controller
- Hypertext 0 to convert picture to displayable format on LED module
Lots of beautiful effects can be added to your text along with vibrant colors – provided you have an RGB LED module.