When running a business, it is extremely important to stand out from your competition and be visible from far away. Innovative technology has made way for businesses to come up with unique advertisements, attractive billboards, logos and signage.
Whether it is to convey messages to passersby or just to promote a business, signs are a necessity for the foundation of any business and can make a solid statement. Neon lights are one such vintage and modern statement in the business world. In the 1980s, neon lights were the center of attention across the world but drastically reduced in popularity when the 2000s came about because they were a common sight. Soon, there were cheaper and more flexible alternatives such as LED lighted signs.
LED technology consumes much less energy, is more affordable and provides more variations. In no time businesses in all sorts of industries switched to LED signage. As a result, the demand for neon lighted signs declined.
Today however, it is a paradoxical situation where LED signs are commonplace, and in a sea of digital displays, a cleverly designed neon sign will stand out. Neon signs are handmade, bringing out an aesthetic that successfully distinguishes a brand amongst others. The neon bright light of the sign acts as a magnet that rules the nightlife in commercial streets.
How do neon lights work?
- A neon light consists of a little bit of neon gas under low pressure.
- With the energy from electricity, electrons can strip away from neon atoms – a process called ionizing the atoms.
- The ions are attracted to the lamp terminals, thereby completing the electric circuit.
- When neon atoms have gained sufficient energy, they produce light.
- When an atom reaches a state of low energy, it releases a photon (light).
How to Use Neon Lights to Boost Your Business
- Attractive illumination can enhance visibility
Neon sign light can be easily spotted from far away during the night time, from inside as well as outside a business. Hence business establishments that stay open throughout the night will benefit from the attention that an LED neon sign can attract.
Neon lights come in luminous colors which are certainly eye-catching, consequently giving your store a greater visibility. A customer’s eyes are naturally drawn to color and light, which is why a neon sign will make your presence stand out even on a street crowded with competitors. Particularly for a new business announcing their presence, neon sign light is very useful. Greater visibility will in turn increase customer awareness and drive sales.
- Versatile designs can boost your brand
The vibrant luminous colors that neon lights come in allows businesses to choose a color and design that reflects their aesthetic appearance. Custom neon signs are possible because these are available in a range of shapes and sizes so you can cater to your brand image. Modern day neon sign manufacturers offer a great deal of design flexibility, allowing businesses to open up and creatively promote their companies.
- Durability leads to conservation of energy
Neon lights can function with a very low power voltage which can be taken from many different energy outputs. Furthermore, neon signs get their luminous effect from a mix of neon and light, where electricity is used only for activation. This means that when manufactured, installed, and maintained properly, neon signs have a long lifespan – approximately 10 years or more.
Because neon sign lights are low on consumption, they don’t cost much to install and maintain. In comparison to modern signs, LED neon sigs use about 50% less energy. In terms of maintenance, the bulbs require very minimum upkeep, making them an incredibly valuable investment.
Other Benefits of Investing in Neon Signs
- One of the biggest advantages of neon signs is that it can be customized for any business because they are available in nearly all shapes, sizes and colors to suit the specific requirements of end users.
- Some businesses set up extra lighting to highlight their existing signage at night. Upgrading to neon lighting is more cost-effective for nighttime visibility in terms of installation and maintenance.
- Due to its long use and history, consumers have conditioned themselves to give attention to neon signs. Sometimes customers are actually on the lookout for businesses that are being advertised by neon signs, especially to figure out if it is open or if there are any ongoing promotions.