What is an LED wall display?
LED walls are basically a transparent version of a standard LED display screen. It looks like a crystal-clear glass wall, but has the function of an LED screen, allowing lights to go through it. Although a high quality transparent display is only 10mm in thickness, because of the materials used in manufacturing the display, its structure and the installation technique, the color saturation levels are on the higher range – between 50-90%, making transparent LEDs one of the best options for commercial use.
In this article we will talk about a few advantages, some ideal places for transparent LED wall displays, and a few tips on how to install this technology.
Advantages of a transparent LED Display
- High transparency rate (between 60-90%) as a result of different pixel pitches.
- Does not block sunlight entering the glass, and the LED screen is almost invisible from afar.
- The slim design takes up very little space and does not interfere with other facilities and structures.
- The lightweight structure means the load on the glass wall is very light after installation.
- A transparent LED wall display can be hung from the truss with just one beam; hence installation costs are minimum.
- The modular design comprises of small detachable modules, making installation easy.
- Fast and convenient maintenance benefits are present in LED wall displays.
- All kinds of content can be displayed, and the wall display is more attractive for any audience.
- Energy saving features due to minimal power consumption.
- No heat dissipation devices are required, making LED wall displays an energy efficient and environmentally friendly product.
- Only a CAT6 cable is required to connect the display and the screens can be configured with the help of software and cloud management.
Transparent LED wall displays have the features to wow your audience with a highly impressive and memorable display that seeks attention and makes an unforgettable statement! Now that LED signage has saturated most markets, the attention-grabbing features of transparent displays are becoming increasingly popular as compared to traditional LED screens. However, there are still many business owners who are not aware of how they should integrate an LED wall display into their store setting. LED Craft Inc provides our insights on what would be the most ideal places for incorporating transparent LED screens.
Where can you use transparent LED wall displays?
1. Backdrop of a stage
Every stage is unique with its own theme. Transparent LED screens can be customized to reflect any theme. Adding a dynamic atmosphere to the stage and creating a gorgeous 3D effect, the LED wall display enhances the experience of watching a stage show. Because this display is transparent, there is no concern about stage lighting being hindered. Furthermore, the light and thin body of a transparent LED screen produces a strong perspective effect, making the depth of the picture seem much longer.
2. Storefront displays
Having a transparent LED hung as a store window display is a good strategy for promoting your brand. The sleek modular design will attract passersby, encourage them to stop, and also stimulate impulsive buying. These displays can also be placed right in front of products, allowing static and moving content to be displayed without blocking the view to the products display.
Whether you are in a retail chain, restaurant, agent, events venue, showroom, airport, shopping mall or an independent store owner, you can transform your point-of-sale promotions without sacrificing visibility or reducing the ambient lighting levels.
3. At product launch, exhibitions and conferences
When launching new products, transparent LED wall digital signage displays are the best way to promote your products and its features via video content on these screens. Because of its high resolution, this technology is ideal for providing eye-catching visual effects that boost a brand image with style. Also, with the transparency of the display screen, you are assured that customers can learn about the functionality of new products from the screen while also seeing the physical product in front of them. Conferences, hotels, airports and other special events can benefit from the features of a transparent LED display.
Tips for installing LED wall displays
Whether you are looking to rent video wall space or investing in your own LED wall, the cost is easily offset by the massive amount of exposure that an LED wall offers in a short amount of time. However, the ROI can only be seen if the installation is done correctly. Although a simple procedure, here’s what you need to know when installing transparent LED walls:
- Before considering an LED wall investment, think about where you will place it. Depending on that, you can decide the size, resolution, brightness, pixel pitch and power requirements for your display. Also, consider the surrounding elements within that space. For example, a large video wall at a small booth in a trade show will be very overpowering and can distract viewers from your main message. So, understanding the available space is very important in an LED wall investment.
- When considering your content strategy, keep in mind your business goals: how will an LED wall display help improve promotion as compared to your current marketing strategy? For example, at special events, it is best to display sponsor advertisements and also assist the crowd with wayfinding, as well as keep them engaged with entertaining content.
- In terms of design, make sure the video, images, and text are optimized for the size of the LED display. Tiny text and low-resolution images make the investment look very unprofessional.
- When installing the LED wall technology, don’t make it look like individual screens are pieced together. Avoid black bars in between screens that interrupt the flow of content, and design your content within the dimensions of the video wall.
- Pixel pitch is the key to a solid viewing experience. A small pixel pitch will be clearer at a distance but difficult to read from close by. Your viewing distance will be the determining factor for your pixel pitch.
- Brightness levels are another factor to consider. Firstly, you need to decide whether your LED wall will be an indoor or outdoor installation. Outdoor transparent screens will require more brightness in the day time and lesser in the night. High brightness in indoor video walls will strain the viewers eyes and this will not be good.
- You could implement interactivity in the video wall by way of touch screens or a mobile application device that connects to a customer’s smart phone.
- Seek help from professionals for accurate installation of your LED glass wall. In addition to installation and mounting, experts can assist with screen calibration and alignment, as well as test and fix any content that is not optimized well.