Experience-driven business is the key to success!
Study the most successful businesses in the market and observe how they started churning profits by providing satisfying and outstanding human centered experiences on a large scale. These companies aim to provide more than just the best customer experiences; they work towards creating a harmonious environment for other stakeholders such as employees and business partners.
LED digital experience is about giving the customer control. Because of multi nationals like these incorporating exceptional experience led strategies, the standard for ‘customer experience’ per se has increased everywhere.
- 76% customers expect companies to understand client needs and must meet their expectations.
- 64% customers believe experience is more important than pricing when they make a purchase.
- 86% customers are willing to pay more for a good experience.
It is therefore evident that experience is a significant driving factor in value creation and customer loyalty.
Benefits of curating a digital customer experience
- Customer satisfaction
By incorporating multiple channels, companies must ensure each of these works towards the same goal – delivering customer satisfaction, regardless of which journey each of the channels take.Companies could also provide personalized experiences such as suggesting products and services based on customer preferences. Make sure you enable a system to get the right information to the right person at the right time, all on a single platform to provide a holistic view, and this will indeed delight customers.
Customers will resort to digital channels when any challenges need to be resolved. At this time, they expect brands to offer such facilities such as an online self-service portal. With the help of AI powered chatbots, interactive digital signage and digital contact centers, companies can continue to deliver a service that will be highly valued in moments like these. By allowing customers to be in control and solve challenges themselves, satisfaction levels will escalate, thereby increasing loyalty and ensuring re-purchase with your brand.
- Customer loyalty
- According to research, by incorporating strong omnichannel customer engagement strategies, businesses can retain 89% of customers as compared to 33% retention levels with weak strategies.
With clever follow up strategies, customer loyalty will increase, thereby increasing sales and also an opportunity to earn good reviews online.
- Brand recall and awareness
With digital signage as a part of your marketing strategy, it will be easy for new customers to find you. And when they do locate your brand/business, they will hear good things about you if you’ve created a good first impression on your target market. You could also incorporate digital signage with social media to generate authentic social reviews and mentions. SEO is another technique for creating awareness and pushing up rankings. When customers search for a product and see your brand pop up somewhere on the results page, it will most likely remain in their mind, whether they decide to purchase from you or not.
- Better return on investment
When digital customer experiences create awareness, increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, it is safe to say that sales will definitely increase for your company. Hence the investment you make for providing an outstanding digital experience platform will be covered up with the returns made via increased sales and profits.
- Easier to monitor and track progress Implementing a digital transformation for your business means more and more aspects of your day-to-day operations will be transferred to an online system. As a result, you will be able to monitor your progress more accurately and identify exactly which areas need improvement in the customer journey. Overall, this is beneficial for your business as you won’t waste time trying to improve in the wrong areas or trying to figure out how your business is progressing.
How to curate a digital customer experience
- Storefront LED Displays
These storefront displays are the first impression a customer will have of your brand. Attractive digital displays are essentially important to create awareness amongst your target market, to inform potential customers of the existence of a business, and to attract passersby to enter your store.
- Informative LED Displays
Digital Signage Displays with informative content can be placed at different locations in your store in order to help customers with product information and the latest promotions being offered. Being able to get the necessary information from an attractive screen is enough to enhance customer experience and create a positive impression. Even while customers are waiting to be served, engaging videos and other real time weather or news related information can be displayed in order to keep them occupied and reduce the perceived waiting time.
- Virtual Reality Displays
A VR Display is when a panel is placed in front of the viewer, offering a near-eye display that is unique in attracting attention. What separates a VR display from an LED display is its ability to reconstruct interactions between digital images and the real world. At a clothing store for example, VR displays can show customers how a particular dress would fit and look on a customer without he/she having to actually try it on. They can simply swipe through different colors to see which looks better and decide which they want to finally purchase.
- Interactive Displays
By incorporating interactive digital displays around your organization, customers can browse through digital catalogs and obtain features of each product and/or details of each service offered. They don’t have to wait to be served by the staff to get this information. They can also compare pictures and features of different products on the display and decide which they want to purchase. At hotels for example, self-check-in facilities can be arranged on such displays while at movie cinemas or hospitals, these kiosks can be used to purchase tickets and doctor appointments.
- Video Walls
A video wall, like its name suggests, is a collection of displays that make up a video wall and can display high-resolution content from many sources. Relevant hardware and software allow the screens to work together seamlessly, and controls which content appears on which section of the wall. The video wall itself can be freestanding, wall-mounted or split into sections and the content can be zoomed, cropped, animated, layered, etc – whichever provides the best experience for customers.
- Wayfinding Directories
This is one of the most prominent ways in which you can curate a better customer experience with digital displays. In large organizations, customers are often confused as to which way they should go and where a certain department can be found. Wayfinding directories on digital displays help visitors figure out where they are and how they can get to their destination within the hospital, mall, hotel, educational institute or any other multinational.
- Digital Mobile Billboards
By placing digital billboards on mobile vehicles, you can reach a massive market and better target your audience. If for example, an event is happening and you know your target market will be present there, you can send the vehicle to that area and be rest assured that your message will reach that market. And what’s more, while the vehicle is travelling to get to that area, it passes through so many other busy roads and small streets where more and more exposure to your brand is given.
Things to consider when implementing a digital customer experience
- Make sure your branding and marketing message is in line with other campaigns already implemented as well as your business goals. There shouldn’t be a conflict because that will confuse customers as to what your business is all about.
- Place your digital signage in locations that will be easily visible to customers. Screens that are placed too high or in an area where there’s not too much of foot traffic will not show any results.
- Your message on the display should be clear and concise. Don’t overcrowd it with too much text – which will often be ignored. Just a few strong words and one or two relevant images are sufficient to display clarity in messaging.
- Try to come up with strategies which will make your messaging memorable. It could be a storyline, a famous quote, a joke, or a strong image – get your marketing team to think out of the box to create innovative messaging for a lasting impression.
- If you are investing in interactive displays, make sure these are very simple, to the point, and easy for customers to navigate. Too many options, too much information, and ambiguous content means that customers will have to make an extra effort to figure out how to use it – and just a handful of customers will actually make that effort.
- When designing the content for your display, keep in mind the fonts and colors that you are going to incorporate. The sign should be easy to read – so don’t use fancy fonts and clashing color combinations where viewers have to strain their eyes to read your message.
For customers to stick around and make a purchase, they need to feel good about their interactions with your brand. In the digital world, your business will be judged based on ease-of-access, website experience, consistent messaging, in-store experience, after sales, and multi-channel support. Enhance your digital customer experience strategy to show your unique value in the digital market and earn trust, boost conversions and encourage long-term relationships with customers.