Restaurants of all types are heavily dependent on digital signage – fast casual restaurants, foodservice providers, bars, pop-up sales, QSR brands, food trucks and more. Without the interactive technologies provided by digital signage, they wouldn’t be able to improve customer experiences.
The Digital Signage Expo is a one-stop-shop for restaurant owners looking to transform their dining experiences for customers. Here they will find a collection of personally experienced restaurants, technology and services solutions for foodservice, and the world’s best digital signage manufacturers, solution providers and installers.
Here are some technology applications that those in the restaurant and foodservice industry can make use of for digitalized experiences:
- Digital drive-thru displays: to inform and influence customers with vibrant digital menu boards and pre-sell displays. These displays can also drive Limited Time Offers (LTO) can increase ticket averages and fasten throughput figures.
- Kiosks for self-ordering: come up with dining environments that customers are craving for. Self-order kiosks will automatically power customer-driven brand interactions, thereby resulting in increased loyalty and ticket averages.
- Digital menu boards: make use of the new next generation, data driven digital menu boards with technology integration in order to improve guest throughput and overall dining experience.
- Digital order-ready displays: to improve daily operations and overall restaurant performance, managers should integrate front and back house to provide up-to-date order-ready digital displays. They can track order status, manage kitchen production as well as improve customer satisfaction by doing so.
- Promotion and pre-sell displays: these can drive LTO awareness, has unlimited ability to flexibly schedule content and empower marketing campaigns. Provides an engaging in-store restaurant experience and additional drive-thru impact points.
- Dining Experiences: provide customers with infinite content options while they dine. Keep them informed, engaged and connected with real-time content and gamification experiences.
- Back-of-house operations: employee-facing communication can double digital signage benefits for a restaurant. It is the ideal communication medium for companies training on-board.
How digital signage can benefit restaurants?
- Reduce perceived waiting times and enhance customer experience.
- Management and distribution of content from global to hyper-local level.
- Make quick and easy changes in menu with regard to:
- Fluctuations in inventory and supply chain
- Menu offers and preferences that are regional and brand-specific
- Promote and upsell new and existing items
- Government regulations regarding nutritional information
- Management, operations and support solutions via a cloud-based network.
- Ability to integrate with other existing and future technologies such as KDS, POS, IoT and so on.
- Elimination of recurring costs linked to printing and shipment of static material.