While you are spending a lot of time and money in planning the size, design and content of your digital signage, you need to also give some consideration to the installation of the sign. If you don’t install it correctly, it won’t be seen, leading to a waste of time and money. When it comes to commercial sign installation, experience and skill counts. For this reason, you need to look around for custom sign installation services that can ensure your sign is professionally installed.
What is the average cost of a custom sign installation?
The average cost of a custom sign installation will vary depending on the size of the sign, how complex it is and the materials used during the installation. In general, you are looking at anywhere between $200 to $1,000 for installing your sign. It is difficult to give an exact price for the sign installation because the materials you choose will affect the cost of your sign. You also have to take into consideration the complexity of your design and the location of your installation in order to determine the cost. Let us look at a few examples:
- Custom steel sign will cost around $20-$30 per square foot
- Aluminum and plastic sign will cost about $10-$20 per square foot
- Urethane signs cost about $5-$10
- Lighted signs require over $30 per square foot
- Neon Signs are the most expensive – ranging from $200-$1000 per square foot for installation.
For an accurate estimate for your business sign installation, it is best to get a quote from the company that you chose for providing you with a digital signage solution.
Types of signs available
- Monument signs:
These are ideal for businesses that are set back from the main road. With a monument sign, your business will have greater visibility, notifying your visitors and customers about your location.
- Neon signs:
Neon signs are electric signs lighted by luminous gas discharge tubes containing neon and other gases. Neon signs comprise of glass tubes, a transformer, electrodes and noble gases which require lots of care and manpower to transport, hence making the installation of these cost more.
- Pylon signs:
Similar to monument signs, pylon signs also give your business more visibility, particularly when your building is not very visible from the road. Pylon signs are big and sturdy enough to stand on their own, hence are rather expensive to install.
- Indoor signs:
Interior signs are placed inside your organization to create awareness and guide visitors/customers to different areas to be served. By strategically locating these in high traffic areas, businesses can advertise their products and services very effectively.
- Outdoor signs:
These too must be cleverly located on busy highways and streets to reach a large target market and create brand awareness.
- Changeable letter signs:
Also known as marquee signs, these are often incorporated into other outdoor signs such as monument signs. Whenever the message needs to be changed, just switch the channel letters according to your new message and voila!
Benefits of custom signage for businesses
By investing in custom signage for your business, you are assured that your company name and brand will be well recognized by your audience and is an investment that gives you great value for money.
- Cost-effectiveness – recent studies show that digital signage costs just 30 cents to reach about 1000 people, whereas TV advertising costs between $10-$25 to reach the same amount of people, and mail advertising costs almost double of that!
- Attractiveness – a professionally installed custom sign looks extremely attractive and adds to the aesthetic appeal of a business. It is important to create a good first impression as this is how customers will judge your brand.
- Conveying information – ideally, a business sign will include important information such as brand name, logo, contact information, opening hours and so on, which customers will find attractive and easy to read.
After the initial investment of a sign purchase and sign installation, there is almost no ongoing costs. Particularly if you have purchased from a professional sign installation company, maintenance will be low and your sign will be up and running 24/7.
How to find a good custom sign installer
You could either opt for local full-service companies that work with you from the time you are deciding which sign to invest in until you actually make the purchase and mount the sign. There are also other online companies that provide the product and outsource the installation. Here are a few ways to find a good custom sign installer:
- Search engines can give you a few options. Narrow down your options and be sure to assess company websites for professionalism and reviews before you finalize.
- Look around your city and ask sign owners where they had their sign installed and if they are happy with the job.
- Ask other business owners and colleagues for recommendations.
Why hire a professional sign installer?
By choosing to hire a local commercial sign installation company, you have the advantage of getting personal time with their staff during the design and manufacturing process. They will be familiar with local signage laws and guide you on the right path. It is even better to go with the signage installation services offered by the manufacturing company because they made the sign and will know best how to install your sign. They will probably give you better rates as this would be part of their after-sales services. You can thereby build a good rapport with them and won’t hesitate to contact them in the future if anything goes wrong with your sign.