Inside your church, you are probably in need of some kind of church management software and projection. Oh, and your pastor is probably famous on social media by now! So just like the rest of the world, your Church also needs to become digital. Get rid of that clunky old changeable letter sign out of your church patio and place a digital church sign out there instead.
Is a digital church sign the correct choice for your church?
Is your church growing rapidly with over 100 youngsters and tech-oriented families attending service sessions every week?
Or is your church in a far-fetched town where just a handful of people are regular visitors who also help around with changing messages on the traditional church sign?
Based on the above, your budget is a crucial deciding factor in whether or not a digital church sign is suitable for your church.
Let’s move on to discuss some more details of a digital church sign.
How to make a digital church sign work?
Traditional church signs have changeable letters that need to be updated manually. A digital church sign needs a source of electricity and some sort of a connection – be it wired, wireless or through cellular networks, in order to upload fresh content.
A church management software will manage daily operations for your church. Along with that, a digital church sign will have its own content management software as well so that you can manage the content on your display easily. This is one of the biggest advantages of a digital church sign. While new messages on traditional signs may take hours to update, the message on your digital church sign can be updated in just a few minutes.
Announcements such as a second Christmas Day service as a result of overwhelming demand, good news of a birth or anniversary, and other such information can be easily shared over your digital church sign. In fact, the sign can have rotating messages with different kinds of information on it – adding to the benefits of a digital sign.
Announcements, psalms, spiritual quotes, and so on can be scheduled at different times on the digital church sign. During the morning hours, weekly service timings and such details can be displayed while evening hours, you can advertise minor group events and such.
How to make the most of a digital church sign?
If you want your church to go digital by involving a powerful and dynamic communication tool to its collection, you must know how to make optimum use of the benefits of digitalization.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Fresh and up-to-date content. Your digital church sign will be absolutely ineffective if you display outdated messages – about an event that happened a month ago for example.
- Since you have the possibility of scheduling messages for different times of the day and thereby catering to different viewer groups, why not make use of it? A youth group can be scheduled for after school hours and a seniors event can be aimed at early afternoon.
- LED church signs also have features such as full-color animations – make use of this, but sparingly. Church signs are more effective when simple because you want to just inform, not dazzle viewers.
- Every so often, go outside your church and look at the church sign. Look out for hackers who may be trying to physically harm the sign. It is essential to give your sign an occasional look to make sure everything is alright.
- With the decision to go digital, don’t leave your sense of humor behind. Remember, leaving a smile on the face of passersby will assure you that your church sign does not go unnoticed.