An office is not just a workplace; it is the core of where the company culture is built and where corporate relationships grow. Modern offices must ensure that those working there become deep-rooted in their company culture. Employees consider a great company culture as an important criterion when deciding whether or not to take the job. This is especially because a lot of their time is spent within the office environment, probably more than with friends or at the gym.
In creating a vibrant company culture, workplace technology is essential. Its not just about PCs, WiFi, copy machines, scanners, etc. Wall mounted technology such as digital signage is greatly beneficial in enhancing the working experience for employees as well as the client experience for guests. Digital signage systems that seamlessly integrate into a modern workplace design will soon become an employee’s best friend. On this note, one should keep in mind that to achieve this objective, it is important to use modern office digital display solutions the right way.
Whether you want to keep your employees engaged with the latest sales figures of your multinational, daily marketing targets, Google Analytic stats, other company information, or simply some motivational quotes, digital signage allows for real-time updates from anywhere in the world!
Enhancing conference facilities
Office staff often spend a lot of time in meeting/conference rooms during their working hours. Think out of the box from the standard practice of round table discussions with a whiteboard, each taking turns to outline their ideas. Instead, turn to digital displays for better visual presentations and make those antique techniques obsolete.
With interactive displays – vibrant graphics and figures, all the employees in the conference room will stay engaged and attentive from start to end. This technology can also be used by employees to reserve a conference room and inform visitors attending the conference as to which room they should be directed towards.
Here are some common conferencing applications for digital signage:
- Video calls with remote team members
- Viewing video clips and websites
- Sharing statistics and dashboards
Communication and announcements
Corporate communication is of utmost importance within a workplace. Here are some reasons why digital signage plays a big role in broadcasting essential information to the staff:
- Display of daily schedules and upcoming events
- Announcing important dates and deadlines
- Recognizing employees and highlighting ‘star employees’
- Other emergency announcements
Wayfinding and navigation
For both employees and visitors, digital signage wayfinding has key benefits in an office environment.
- Digital wayfinding allows for quick decision making. For example, if an employee arrives earlier than usual to office and needs a space to work in, all he has to do is look at the screen to see which space is available at the time and head there.
- Clearly signposted offices ensure that employees are using their time effectively. Digital wayfinding on each floor results in a huge difference in the flow of your workspace. Just like road direction signs, employees in an office can navigate easily with lesser build up, resulting in a stress-free working environment.
- Digital wayfinding can be updated within just a few seconds, causing less confusion amongst the staff. If for instance, the location of a particular conference has changed at the last minute, the relevant department can simply update it from their own desk, and employees will still know where they have to go. There will be no piling up outside the wrong room!
- With clear wayfinding display solutions on digital screens, employees and visitors don’t need to question anyone on how they should reach their destination.
Easily customizable for brand building
While wall art may seem like a good idea to create an interesting company culture, it can be difficult to change once people get bored of seeing it. In addition to that, in most cases, office spaces are rented and hence limited in terms of creative license. This would be where digital signage platforms come in.
LED displays are easy to attach on any wall and the content can be customized with just a few clicks. This means that there is a very wide range of things that you can display, schedule different content at different times, and update content very easily.
Company branding is an important factor that has to be reinforced in a workplace. Digital signage software allows your company brand to be present on every screen, thereby creating a cohesive experience in the office. With advanced technology such as artificial intelligence, screens can collect viewer data and automatically customize the experience for each employee!
In addition to company culture-building, creating a personalized brand image is important for consumer marketing as well. Therefore, digital screens placed in reception areas, and other places where customers, employees, vendors, and partners gather, must clearly demonstrate the look and feel of a brand.
Here’s how you can customize content on office digital screens to create brand awareness:
- An advertising commercial designed for the brand
- A series of rotating images showcasing the brand
- Exhibiting branded content such as samples and digital artwork
- Displaying relevant news, headlines, etc pertaining to the brand
- Sharing the brand’s social media feeds
- Promoting events and other activities in the workplace
As discussed above, digital screens are highly versatile and can display a wide variety of signage content including company information, local and international news feeds, world clocks, and other updates.
- Keep your office up-to-date with the latest news that can be accessed from a range of online applications that provide up-to-the-minute headlines from news channels such as:
- Al Jazeera
If your workplace is in the tech or financial industry, you could also import industry-specific news that will keep your employees in the loop. Introducing industry-specific news feeds into your office environment keeps your staff members sharp and aware about the happenings when clients call and discuss any of it, or if they go into a meeting and must relate to the discussions taking place regarding latest industry news. Moreover, these feeds build a nice talking point for everyone in the workplace.
- Keep it simple by just displaying the time on a digital screen – after all, this is the most important thing an employee wants to know when they walk into the office. You could display timings from other countries in the world where your company has its presence, so employees can adapt accordingly depending on who they are working with.
- Make use of software applications to schedule and manage the spaces in your office. This way, there can be no double bookings of meeting/conference rooms and no employees end up disappointed for not being able to get the room at the time they need it. Use a simple screen set up that gives a quick glance of all bookings within the day or week.
In reality, every one of us in this world is here to make a living and contribute as much as possible. Which is why it is of utmost importance for employers to give employees a comfortable space to work in. Whether your company is big or small, invest in digital signage solutions and change the working environment by creating meaningful content.