Q: What makes promotional signage different from other types of signage?
A: Promotional signage uses language that tempts your target demographics to make a purchase.
Creating successful promotional signage requires extensive research – find out what kind of wording will attract prospective customers, what kind of lingo do your competitors use on social media? It could be rebellious, humorous or practical. Observe certain words being used and figure out the tone. You must then use this insight and apply it to your brand voice.
Always provide just enough information that customers would need to make them want a product. However, don’t clutter wording when putting across the specialties of your brand. With promotional signage, it is important to change content regularly to promote sales. For some brands, big and bold promotional store signs may work well. But for others, a subtle, understated approach may work well. In this article, we will talk about different types of promotional signage and other promotional signage things to know which will be helpful for your signage campaign.
Different types of promotional signs
Banners are long strips of material on which a slogan or design can be printed, with the purpose of representing a brand, company, organization or any entity. Unlike traditional signs, banners posters are made of different types of cloth/materials and are not rigid. Varying in thickness, pliability and durability, banners are differentiated in terms of color, shape and design. Vinyl banners are attached on both ends to a post, pole, or on a wall.
In the traditional sense, billboard are large prints that are mounted on hoardings and installed on busy highways, with an aim to market a company, brand, product or service. Seasonal promotions are very effective on billboards because your target market doesn’t actually have to purchase a cinema ticket or newspaper to view your message. They can just see it as they are driving from one place to another. With so many more commuters on the road, billboard advertising lets business owners reach a larger market, faster and more economical than other mass media marketing techniques.
LED Digital signage
These are a form of digital signage that you must place as a promotional signage inside or outside your office or small business. Think out of the box and create these wall signs. You have a variety of shapes and sizes of displays to choose from, along with other innovative options such as illumination from behind or lights shining on the sign.
The graphics, design and content on these LED signs are highly customizable so think strategically and decide on your sign design depending on what you want to communicate to your audience and the essence of your services. You could put promote certain seasonal products along with your business brand name and tagline to create a lasting impression.
Pylon signs are a great way to promote your brand name and create awareness to a large audience. These are freestanding signs that are mounted very tall on a pole or broad post. The highlighting feature of these signs is that they can be spotted from far away and people can find your location easily, thereby pushing them to visit your outlet whenever they need products or services from you.
Also known as A-Frame signs, these are usually seen on pathways and are ideal for promoting different products on different days. At restaurants for example, you can promote different dishes each day at a discounted rate. Sidewalk signs can be one-sided or two-sided, and are extremely portable – which means that you can pick it up and put it literally anywhere! Special announcements, offers, new additions, and many more messages can be displayed on these.
As a means of cost-effective promotional signage, roll-up banners are very ideal. The frame of the banner remains the same; whenever you have a new promotion to put up, just replace the banner or inserts, and in this way, you can use roll-up banners for more than five years of regular use, hence making it an economical option. A variety of sizes can be used on roll-up banners and because this type of signage is portable, you can keep changing its location.
Window and Floor Graphics
A wide range of stickers and floor decals that you see as store signage on walls and flooring come under this category. So, whether it is to just promote your company logo, bulk buying offers, percentage discounts and any other promotions, these graphics are perfect for placing inside or outside your business location. These graphics are very easy to design and are cost effective so use attractive colors and designs to make them very difficult to ignore. You could also change these regularly at a very nominal cost to keep customers up-to-date with the latest promotions.
What is the success strategy for promotional signage?
Whether you are advertising special offers, displaying products, or marketing projects, promotional signage most definitely plays an important role in your success. When designing your promotional signage, you have to make sure it is customized to your target market. The design has to be eye-catching and the content has to be relevant if you want maximum return on your investment.
- In terms of placement, promotional signage must be positioned at eye-level if it is installed on your window, or at ground level if it is on the street to attract passersby. “Eye-level” is different for customers in wheelchairs, kids, and those seated in vehicles. Best is to test your signage and determine the most effective height for prospective customers.
- In terms of signage copy, don’t let clutter block the actual message. As a general rule of thumb, minimum words do a great job at getting your message across. Also consider how many other signs are in that area – don’t bombard customers with too many wordy signage when they are trying to browse through your products to make a selection. Never use ALL caps for your signage as this comes across as yelling and looks and sounds very disrespectful. Your font size should also be easy to read without viewers having to strain their eyes.
- Learn about the color theory to make sure you get your colors right. High contrasting colors such as black on white and white on violet shaded background colors, look great for retail signage and boosts customer responsiveness. Take into consideration the relationship of colors with emotions to make sure your promotional sign turns out perfect.
- Use different types of media to enhance your promotional signage. Complement text with high quality images, videos and animations.
- Make sure your digital signage manufacturer is well reputed and trusted for using high quality components and offering valuable after sales services.