We all know by now that an attractive, cleverly designed sign can really boost the success of a company.
However, more than a generic, static sign outside your office, consider utilizing small LED signs as an alternative that has much more attention-grabbing power. LED signs provide bright, colorful displays on which a company can exhibit products or services with images, text, videos, and other media. Use this unique marketing opportunity to create striking visual advertisements that will make the best possible use of your small LED sign.
Types of small LEDs
- Double-sided LED signs are the most visually striking because of its double-side feature that lets you make a big impact on your neighborhood from both directions. Moreover, this type of small LED sign gives you the feature of displaying different content on each side, however you see fit.
- Full color LED signs are very versatile, ideal for indoor and outdoor usage. With full color small LED signs, you can customize the high-definition display as per your requirements. Select any format of realistic graphics, motion video, text, animations, or a combination of these to expand your audience reach.
- Small LED signs are also available in tri-color format – red, green, and yellow combinations that communicate with viewers in an attractive format. Tri color displays can exhibit text messages, simple graphics, and animations and content can be easily changed whenever required.
- Monochrome LED signs are the simplest, yet very effective format of small LED signs that feature only one color. Usually, a vibrant yellow or amber color is used to communicate simple graphics and messages conveniently to potential customers. Monochrome LEDs come in billboard sizes for outdoor use and are also available in small sizes that can be used as window displays.
- Utilizing Small LED signs indoors and outdoors
Indoor and outdoor versions of small LED signs are available with most LED display manufacturers and distributors such as LED Craft Inc. You can choose from a variety of sizes, purposes, and features, depending on what your business will benefit from the most based on its marketing and advertising objectives.
For instance, if your business goal is to attract new consumers in and around your community, a large billboard placed on a popular street or highway that is visible from a distance will be the most suitable option for you. However, if your small business is located in a mall where foot traffic is at its peak, go for a small indoor LED sign that can be displayed at your storefront or at point-of-sale to generate impulse buying and advertise promotions.
- Small LED sign usage in commercial, retail or industrial premises
In commercial and industrial settings, small LED signs are placed around the office or manufacturing facility to communicate with employees more than visitors. Targeted monthly sales, best performing employee, total monthly production, and other such figures are displayed on these to inform and encourage employees to do their best. In addition to that, small LED signs are also useful in communicating emergency messages to staff in all corners of the building, advising them to take appropriate action in the case of a fire or hazardous weather conditions for example.
In retail settings, interactive LED signs are gaining popularity in terms of providing customers with an enhanced shopping experience. Customers can interact with the display to find out more about different products, compare alternatives and make the most informed decision.
- Small LED sign usage for engaging messages
To make sure that your audience stays connected with your brand, the importance of creating engaging content cannot be emphasized enough. In creating engaging content, keep in mind the following criteria:
- Don’t just offer value, offer maximum value. Create content that is in-depth, well researched and is of genuine value to viewers. In other words, try to find content that offers viewers something that competitors don’t.
- Make your content creative, avoid the boring corporative look. Dynamic story telling and conversational tones tend to act as a magnet in engaging viewers.
- Focus on your strengths and passions; memes and infographics are helpful in doing so.
- Your content should have a purpose – attract, influence, or make customers loyal.
- Create an emotional connection with your audience by empathizing with what they may be going through.
- Small LED signs in promotional content
Small LED signs can drive sales by displaying promotions and special campaigns that are customized for special events, certain weather changes and so on. With the help of QR codes, you can create action-oriented content to prompt action from viewers such as downloading a promotion. QR codes are a great way to track ROI on your messages and analyze the response to your messages.
- Using colors in small LED signs appropriately
Understanding the basics of colors and how to balance the contrast between foreground and background is very important when attempting to create eye catching content for small LED signs.
One of the most important factors to consider is the contrast between foreground and background. If your sign is to be viewed from a distance, high contrasting colors that pop are advisable. For example – dark colored font on a light background or white font on a dark background. Colored text on a bright background will not be as legible.
Low contrasting colors tend to blend together and do not provide much visibility, making the messages hard to read. If viewers must squint and make an effort to read your message, they’d much rather avoid it completely.
- Placement and location of the small LED signs
The placement of your sign matters if you really want to create an impact. After all, why would you invest in a high-resolution LED sign that no one can see right?
When deciding the location of your LED signage, there are two things to keep in mind: traffic and visibility. For outdoor LED signs, a street or highway that has high pedestrian and vehicle traffic is ideal. For indoor settings, pathways, and lobbies where most people spend time waiting is the best location for your small LED sign.
Once the location is finalized, consider the placement. Ensure there are no obvious obstructions to read your sign from different angles and distances.
- Using content that’s properly sized for Small LED signs
For small LED signs, it is important that you do not overcrowd your display with content. It is understandable that you may have a lot to say to your viewers which may be difficult to fit into a small LED sign, but cluttering your display means the audience will simply ignore it. Instead, you’d rather display rotating messages that are short, simple, and easy to read. This strategy works better in grabbing the attention of viewers and holding onto their attention until the LED display changes content and you can show them 2-3 different products or services during their attention span.
Succes of your investment
Small LED signs are indeed a great investment but for maximum return on investment, keep in mind the above strategies in terms of size of display, resolution, content design, colors to be used, placement and location of your display.