Are we no longer going to see static graphic displays on roads and highways?
In recent years, there has been a large increase in the usage of LED panels as businesses make an effort to better engage with their audiences and get their brands recognized and remembered. LED sign board technology is highly applicable for businesses in any industry. From retail and entertainment to restaurants and auto dealerships, the use of this technology has massive potential. In this article, we will take a look at how the future of LED sign boards are beneficial to the trading world.
Digital signage offers a valuable and informative tool for customers and can also be optimized within the workplace for conferences and workshops. Specific aspects that customers are looking for in a business can be advertised on LED displays, thereby attracting attention to new features and other relevant information.
LED sign board technology has the power to control your messaging and build a brand identity. Furthermore, by being able to change messages on a daily basis, operators have a limitless ability to display new products and information that businesses want their customers to know about.
With newer displays being designed every now and then, corporate workers have the opportunity to make their meeting rooms more attractive with bigger screens and wider color spectrums. Making LED displays the ultimate presentation tool, a more immersive visual experience can be provided to clients and business partners.
Artificial Intelligence in LED Signs
With artificial intelligence and machine learning incorporated into LED sign board technology, businesses can now reap the benefits of:
- Simple data collection with the use of facial recognition software. This information can be used to understand a firm’s customer base better.
- Treating users in a more personalized way, thereby creating an emotional attachment with them. Example: greeting a person with his/her name and displaying promotions based on previous purchases.
- Interactive interfaces allow customers to get more information faster.
- Increased relevancy of content displayed to each user by understanding them on a personal level.
- Manipulating the human brain to process information and influence decision making, resulting in more sales.
- In addition to scheduling content with digital signage, AI allows presenting content based on real-time situations such as the weather condition.
Better Resolutions and Brightness
LED displays that were first created used low-resolution light bulbs which could only project words. The more recent LED sign board technology can display words, images, animation, LED video clips and much more!
For a better understanding, the standard measurement to indicate the resolution of an LED display is the pixel pitch – the distance from one pixel (LED cluster) to another (in all directions – above, below and either side). Smaller the pixel pitch, the higher the resolution. Today, 4K displays are becoming the norm, with horizontal pixel counts of over 4000, and bright clear light in millions of colors being emitted.
Offering the most brightness compared to any other displays, LED screens are eye catching displays with viewing ability from several angles. This brightness can offset direct sunlight, which is a huge benefit for outdoor LED displays.
Smart displays with inbuilt intelligent functions are the latest innovation in LED sign board technology. However, if you have already invested in basic LED displays for your signage, you can incorporate the following hardware and transform it into an intelligent signage:
- Interactive physical buttons: program each button with unique functions that allows users to interact with your display screen.
- Position sensors to detect customer movement and angle in which they are standing. When a passer by gets close enough to a screen, it can change from screensaver mode to displaying product and service information.
- Light sensors measure the amount of light in a room or outdoor setting and adjust the brightness of the screen and content displayed accordingly.
Developments in Software
Newer software used to manage digital signage deployment are focusing on user-friendliness and other conveniences;
- being able to easily upload and update content displayed on screens
- incorporates smart scheduling so content can dynamically play at any specified time
- use cloud-based solutions to manage remotely from one platform
- incorporate Artificial Intelligence and proliferation
- allows for live streaming of data.
- Video displays are a full color LED screen that has the capability to display video, animation and high-quality images.
- Text display is a single primary LED screen that can only display text.
- Image displays, also known as double primary LED screens can show text and images.
- Digital displays are a seven-segment screen used for clock displays, interest rates and other such digital content.
The flexible nature of LED displays makes them adaptable to several factors. Changing the content of your signage is as easy as reprogramming the media player that sends the content to the screen. There is no need to replace any light bulbs or hoardings; all you need is a click of a few buttons.
Digital displays are also adaptable to any location, indoor or outdoor. All you need is some space on a wall and an electric connection to mount your screen and get started with your advertising. In outdoor settings, regardless of weather conditions and other external factors, durable LED screens can still continue to function the way it is supposed to.
While the manufacturing of LED signage and its components incorporates sustainable and environmentally friendly products, the functionality of this LED technology itself increases green benefits over any other form of signage. LED light bulbs consume less energy and last longer – which means lesser electricity consumption and replacement of LEDs are very rare. Furthermore, if one business does not want to use the sign anymore, they can simply hand over the remote control to another, rather than disposing off the LED display. When the display screen does grow out of life at some point, disposing it is easier and affordable as compared to traditional signage.
LED sign board technology does more than just displaying messages; there is the possibility of adding bright colors, high resolution images and animation to make the signage more attractive and thereby interactive. When engagement with the screen increases, the business will see greater results in relation to the products and services advertised on the screen.
Many businesses are also investing in touch screen LED technology so potential customers can interact with their brand to find out more information and clarify any doubts. In retail stores and in malls, this kind of interactive technology works to increase sales and is also a helpful wayfinding tool.
Digital signage is revolutionizing the advertising and signage industry. LED display boards are becoming larger and thinner and the shapes and size varieties of these are always increasing. Intangible features such as artificial intelligence and increased interactivity are added bonuses to the technology. Also, with the pixel pitch always increasing, the viewing of larger screens will be possible with no reduction in resolution. So, whether it is lower energy costs, the ability to incorporate graphics and animation, or improved visibility, there are several reasons to consider an upgrade to LED signage solutions.