The core focus of any restaurant is to serve delicious food to satisfy customers. However, traditional restaurants end up investing a lot of time and money on physical paper menu cards and chalkboards.
The typical customer experience at a restaurant is where a waiter comes and manually notes down the order, comes back awhile later with the food, and then comes back a third time with the bill. This procedure has been prevalent since the era of Queen Victoria and it is high time for a change! The pandemic has resulted in digitization completely conquering the world. This transformation has become the norm in most businesses and the trend is being followed by those who have not yet made the transformation. Switch to electronic displays and digital menus to provide customers with a unique and exciting dining experience!
Once restaurants invest in digital menus, customers can simply access these by scanning a QR code on their smart phones. QR codes have become widely popular now – from being used for tracking car parts to read millions of digital menus worldwide. Several restaurants and customers have embraced this procedure as a standard dining feature and is in fact a savior for restaurants in trying to cut costs with staff layoffs. Self-service restaurants can also replace traditional menus at the cashier with LED displays. Indoor digital signage in restaurants can also be used as interactive kiosks for customers to place their orders via these digital displays.
With this trend becoming more popular, LED Craft Inc is here to remind you of the many benefits of digital menus.
- Customers who order via digital menus are more comfortable and at-ease when browsing the menu and often tend to spend more with add-ons and extras. All these factors lead to bigger bills; and which restaurant doesn’t love a big bill?! Research shows that the average order value of restaurants that have implemented QR codes has increased by nearly 22% (Digital Signage Today).
- Printing of paper menus is a big cost for restaurants. Small changes to the items being offered and/or their prices require re-prints of the entire menu. This excessive use of paper leads to significant harm to the environment. With QR codes and digital signage, the printing requirements drastically reduce because all modifications are made to the digital menu with just a few clicks. Imagine how many trees can be saved!
- LED displays and digital menus can provide more information about meals to restaurant customers without overwhelming them. For example, nutrition facts, ingredients and preparation time can be arranged in a subtle, yet prominent fashion.
- Digital signage can be updated anywhere at any time. The minute you run out of stocks for an item, the operator can remove that from the menu so as to avoid disappointing customers. Daily specials and promotions can also be publicized and the latest version of the menu can be uploaded online.
- With interactive digital kiosks and digital menus, restaurants can access valuable customer data, which can then be used to help the business understand customer needs on a deeper level. For example, foods that go together can be offered as a combo promotion, timings of the day that certain foods sell more, regular requests made by customers, and other such details. With these insights, restaurant managers can make better decisions to stay ahead of competitors.