What is a Monument Sign?
A monument sign is a free-standing ground sign constructed with masonry, wood or other materials that resemble the exterior of the institute that the sign belongs to. Ideally installed just outside a property, monument signs are clearly visible to every vehicle passing by.
Why are they so popular?
The permanent structure of monument signs provides a level of confidence and is a versatile functional type of sign that is indeed a valuable asset to the business or brand. These signs communicate to customers and passersby that you are well established and create a sense of longevity for your brand. There are a number of reasons why monument signs for churches and other institutes are very popular:
- Low to the ground, thereby directly visible to all commuters.
- Have a strong and steady structure, making them completely weather resistant to all kinds of extreme weather conditions.
- Accepted in all communities, particularly those that have height restrictions for buildings and signage.
- Has a multi-purpose use – be it for individual businesses or shopping centers with more than one tenant.
- Can be manufactured with any type of construction material and can be built in any shape or size.
- Custom signs are possible with compliance to city regulations.
Five types of church monument signs
- Post and panel signage consists of two posts that hold up a panel which has the church information displayed on it. Constructed with resilient materials such as wood, this sign can be customized with vivid colors and made as simple or elaborate as required.
- Free-standing architectural signage is also made from stone, wood, stucco and other durable materials. Perfect for outdoor locations, these signs are designed for long term use and to attract immediate attention.
- Pylon signs are slightly taller, making it a good option for outdoor signs that must be visible at a distance; when your church is located in a crowded area for example, pylon church monument signs are ideal.
- Outdoor directory signage is used in retail areas where illuminated and colorful signs are prohibited. Although these are not as attractive, they do a great job at assuring visitors that they have come to the right location when in search of your church.
- LED displays are used by churches, schools, restaurants, entertainment centers and many other retail businesses to provide identity as well as inform viewers regarding promotions, new products/services, schedules, events, and so on. The movement and illumination on LED church signs will make your church hard to miss!
FAQs regarding Church Monument Signs
How much will my new sign cost?
Monument signs come in beautiful brick designs or the same stucco finish that your church exterior has. So, depending on the design and construction materials used, an outdoor church sign can cost anywhere between $10,000 to $20,000.
If you are opting for an LED church sign, the cost can vary depending on the resolution or size of your sign. Typically, for lesser viewing distance, the resolution should be higher. Due to the wide variety of digital church signs available, costing can range between $10,000 to $150,000. It is important to discuss your graphic design and other signage needs with professionals such as LED Craft Inc before you decide what kind and size of outdoor sign you need for your church.
How to determine the ROI of your new Church Monument Sign?
Monument signs are a great choice for attracting customers and getting a great return on your investment. Although your initial investment may seem like a big purchase, the upfront cost is not much when compared to the long-term benefits of your sign, which you have to take into account when calculating your return on investment.
How long do Church Monument Signs last?
Considering the fact that Church Monument signs are highly durable, water resistant, designed to withstand extreme weather conditions and are lifetime maintenance free, we can safely say that monument signs can last for decades!
Why choose an LED option?
LED signage is the latest trend in advertising your business or place of worship because it incorporates high brightness screens with colorful images, graphics and videos to put your message across. Also due to its high levels of flexibility in terms of customizing messages and updating content, LED church signs are a preferred option in most cases.
Can you place LED Signs in extreme temperatures?
LED signs can be placed in extreme temperatures, provided it comes with a protective cabinet that protects the digital display from extreme sunshine, rain, snow and wind.
Are monument signs only for Churches?
Monument signs add an attractive feel not just to Churches but to ANY business location. They fit well within any space and background, and in addition to displaying business information, these signs grab the attention of passersby for future sales potential.
Where should I place my Church Monument Signs?
Ideally, church monument signs are placed close to the road, just outside the entrance of the Church, and this spot is believed to be where most attention of passersby is captured.
Considering an upgrade to a Church Monument Sign?
Get in touch with a sign company such as LED Craft Inc for all your monument sign and LED signage needs. Our team will help analyze your church, how much budget you can allocate for the signage, get a prototype sign designed for you, and finally come up with a suitable signage solution to help attract a larger congregation to your church.